On April 1, 2017, Community Working Group entered into a strategic alliance with Abode Services — bringing together the resources of both organizations to increase our impact, and strengthening our efforts to end homelessness in our region!
For more information on the strategic alliance, see our FAQs.
Recent news releases and articles in the local media about the Community Working Group and the Opportunity Center, 801 Alma Family Housing, Alma Garden and other affordable housing projects.
- Palo Alto Homeless Shelter Celebrates a Decade of Transformation (video) — Peninsula Press, May 1, 2017
- Housing for Good — Palo Alto Weekly, April 28, 2017
- Opportunity Center Quadruples Homeless Housing Placement — Palo Alto Weekly, February 24, 2017
- Holiday Fund: A Bridge to Stability — Youth Program at Opportunity Services Center Offers Support, Counseling — Palo Alto Weekly, January 8, 2017
- Yes on Measure A — CWG letter in San Jose Mercury News, October 16, 2016
- Homeless Veterans in Palo Alto: “Nobody wants to live like that” — San Jose Mercury News, August 16, 2016
- CWG welcomes two new board members – read more.
- CWG helps unhoused mother and son find a home; client featured in San Jose Mercury News 2014 Holiday Wish Book —
- 801 Alma Family Housing Wins Design Award – read more.
- Palo Alto nonprofit for homeless, low-income residents faces crisis — Palo Alto Weekly July 18, 2014
- Community Working Group announces $20,000 matching grant for gifts made through Silicon Valley Gives – read more.